It is quite hard to find an individual who has not heard of, or does not use, any of the popular social media platforms of the day, and the same thing can be said about most businesses. No matter what your company sells it needs to harness the power and versatility that social media brings, and while your company may benefit from using social media services to reach out to buyers and promote products, those services can be used to build and strengthen brand image too.
The important benefits social media offers to businesses include:
- It enables users to connect with your company online.
- It helps in generating more traffic to your site, and thus generating more leads and revenue.
- It offers the target buyer required insights about the brand and its products/services.
- It lets your brand develop and strengthen relationships with your customers and prospects, as well as staff and potential recruits.
Here are some great tips to utilise the power of social media to enhance your brand image.
- Excite your audience – Social media is being eyed by millions of brands and everyone is trying to attract the attention of buyers. So, how do you ensure your brand stands out amongst your rivals, and rises above the mediocrity? To ensure more people become interested in your brand and its products, give them enough reasons to feel excited! Offering promos, deals and time limited bargains through social media sites are a few simple but effective options.
- Balancing content – It is true that most brands use social media to promote products and increase revenue in the long run, but to do so, the content should be presented in a balanced way. It would not be a good idea to make all posts in your brand’s Facebook profile aggressively promotional, for example. Along with a fair bit of promotional posts, some of your content could provide insights about the nuances of the brand like its history, its USP, etc.
- Focusing on right channels – There are so many social media platforms and so it’s essential that you identify the most appropriate channels where you can find most target users for your brand. Using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram may suffice for small to mid-sized brands, but think of your budget and resources required to manage social media profiles of your brand.
- Interaction and involvement – Your posts should not be omni-directional in nature! Answering queries posted in the profile and resolving users’ issues will help in building a positive brand image in the long run. Sometimes use a few thought provoking posts and some with a dash of humour to keep viewers interested and get more followers. Interesting posts that are liked by the viewers are more likely to be shared by them, which serve as one type of digital word of mouth publicity.
- Use paid media – After your brand has secured a firm foothold on top social media platforms, using paid media can be massively helpful. Most brands use advertising solutions offered by LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to name a few.
- Sponsor a giveaway – This is a great way to make your brand popular through social media. You may offer tickets for a gadget giveaway for every viewer who shares a special Facebook post in your brand’s Facebook profile. There are tools to create such online events.
The real challenge which social media poses or any business is that it’s constantly changing. As a result, social media strategies may well fail. For example, there may be a lack of brand consistency, no value within the content or not sharing original material to name a few. But campaigns will succeed when you’ve done the appropriate legwork and you keep innovating.
It’s important to remember a social media strategy is different for every brand, company and product. If you do your research and create appropriate focused content that will get to your readers, you’re already headed in the right direction to reap the business benefits social media brings.