By Katie Pearlgood
Blogging has become an increasingly popular way for individuals and businesses to demonstrate their expertise on particular subject knowledge. Done successfully, blogging can have the power to strengthen your brand image, boost Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and help promote your products/services.
But what differentiates a compelling blog from an average one? Here at Zoodikers we have composed an 8-step guide to help you create the perfect blog:
1) Know your audience. Like a tweet or Instagram post, there’s not much point posting about something that you might find interesting but your followers will not. The best blogs consistently release fresh content based on what their audience wants to read.
2) Create a clear topic and title. This is important for two reasons, firstly, like any piece of writing, a clear structure will engage your reader a great deal more than talking about lots of different, unrelated things. Secondly, creating a clear topic means that you’re more likely to be found on search engines and continue to grow your audience.
3) Optimise your writing style for blog format. Blogs are a short piece of writing, so try and keep your word count to around 400 words.
Tip: Breaking up your paragraphs into bullet points will also make it easier for your reader to view the page.
4) Make use of relevant hyperlinks. Hyperlinks are a great way to guide your readers to previous posts you have written. As well as linking to your own content, hyperlink information such as statistics from a website you have used. This will help increase your page views, improve your credibility and improve your SEO.
5) Install a plugin for you blog. Our favourite is Yoast, a plugin specifically designed for WordPress to enhance your SEO and increase readers’ engagement.
6) Create a Call to Action (CTA). At the end of your blog post, it is important to have a CTA leading your readers to take an action after they finish reading your blog post, usually directing them to a ‘landing page’. This is especially important if you are trying to promote a service or product.
7) Make your content easily sharable. You’ve finished your blog – great! Now its time to share it on your social media channels and try and generate as much traffic to your blog post as possible. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram are all great platforms to share your online content. You can also post a more permanent link in your bio, directing wider audiences to your blog.
8) Be consistent. Once you’ve gained a stable following, be sure to keep posting content on a regular basis. You should ask readers to sign up to a mailing list on your website so that they can keep up to date with new posts.
If you need help with your marketing or social media strategy, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team by emailing email@example.com or give us call on 01892 520123.