According to Social Media Examiner’s annual report, in 2018 69% of marketers planned to increase their investment on the platform and 74% decided to find out more about how the platform could benefit their business. So, let’s explore why there is a hype around Instagram for business, using our chosen top 10 Instagram statistics.
- As of June 2018, Instagram announced it had hit a whopping 1 billion users.
- It is estimated that Instagram will create a significant US$6.84 billion in global mobile ad revenue in 2018.
- Instagram Stories, a recent feature to the app has helped to increase the amount of time people spend on the network. Users under 25 years are reported to spend more than 32 minutes a day on the platform, while those over 25 spend more than 24 minutes a day.
- In just one month, over 50% of businesses on Instagram published an Instagram Story. Additionally, a third of the most viewed stories on the app are created by businesses.
- Video posts on Instagram have been very successful since the feature launched in 2013 and are a great way to engage your followers. It is reported that the amount of time users spend watching video has increased by more than 80% year-over-year.
- There are 25 million business profiles on Instagram, and over 200 million users visit at least one business profile every day. Unsurprisingly, 96% of fashion brands use Instagram.
- 80% of users follow at least one business on Instagram, and are not shy about following brands they like.
- Top brands post on average 9 times per week on Instagram, making them twice as active than in 2015, confirming that it has become a central part of their marketing strategy.
- A 2016 Forrester study reviewed how the top 50 global brands market on social networks. They found that the average number of Instagram followers for a top brand was over one million — almost five times higher than in 2015.
- 60% of users find new products on Instagram, which further illustrates why it is increasingly popular with B2C companies that use the platform to promote products and services in creative and unique visual ways.
Although many marketers may be familiar with the power of Instagram, not all have been motivated to adopt it into their marketing strategies quite yet. In fact, establishing an effective presence and creating successful posts with high engagement rates remains a challenge.
Whether you are new to Instagram marketing, or simply are unsure about which types of content to post, when to engage, how best to reach audiences and what the social network’s full range of features include, then get in touch to find out how Zoodikers can help. Email email@example.com or call 01892520123.
Alternatively, you can book onto Katie King’s 90-minute webinar on ‘social media fundamentals’ on the 4th September 2018 at 10:30am – 12:00pm. Learn how different platforms work, why you need to use social media for business, how to engage with potential customers and how to create the perfect content for your audience including tips and tricks to boost your following. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org